Ready for the next school camp to happen? It’s never too early to start planning! Australia is blessed with the beauty of nature and the bliss of freedom. For your children to appreciate the environment the country has been gifted with, you can send them to fun school camps NSW is known for!
New South Wales
New South Wales, with the capital Sydney, is located below Queensland and above Victoria. It is known for its beautiful cities and properly preserved natural spots that are perfect for a summer camp. Especially when it comes to the school camps NSW is known for, students will love the experience with a lot of fun activities awaiting them.
School Camping in New South Wales
Outdoor education has become more accessible when you search for school camps online. There are great school camps NSW wide open for your children. When running a school camp, teachers are mindful of the camping location and activities.
So, what are the fun activities that commonly occur in a school camp? Here are just five of them:
- Sports – Sports activities, like football, frisbee, and racing, are fun for children to participate. For races, examples are sack race, three-legged race, relay race, and others that are suitable for the children’s age and capacity. Before the games start, the camp instructors will show a demonstration on how they work.
- Water activities – Chidlren can enjoy water activities, such as canoeing, kayaking, and snorkelling. There are also specialised games. like the popular Lost Island where participants are challenged with mud, water, and other obstacles. These activities are supervised by the camp instructors for guidance and safety.
- Climbing – In the climbing activities, camp instructor will also supervise and give a demonstration on how they are done properly and safely. Chidlren are required to wear protective gear, such as a helmet, a pair of climbing shoes, climbing holds, and elbow and knee pads to be extra safe. For young children, the walls are not high, but challenging enough to climb. They can also try indoor rock climbing or actual rock climbing.
- Bushwalks – Also known as fossiling, this is a stress-free activity where the students, together with the camp instructors, explore the woods by walking and looking for fossils. This allows chidlren to appreciate nature more.
- Game nights – This is like a pajama party where children can play games facilitated by the camp instructors. Participants will have the chance to play individually or in groups. The camp instructors make the games fun and friendly to the students.
What about the teachers?
The teachers will come to the school camp, but are they there to teach also? For school camps, the camp instructors teach and facilitate. The teachers will just have to hepl keep an eye on the children and assist the instructors with the control and discipline measures.
However, in a school camp, teachers can relax away from paperwork to check and boards to write. They have the privilege to get a good night’s sleep in a comfortable cabin and are also served delicious meals every day. Yes, you read it right. Teachers can enjoy the school camp, too!
Choose the best school camp in NSW
The Great Aussie Bush Camp welcomes student campers and teachers from anywhere in Australia. Now, you can let your children have days of fun by sending them to this school camp. Visit bushcamp.com.au for more information.